Department of Development Services
3rd Floor City Hall, 71 East Troy Street, Tupelo, MS 38804 | Phone (662) 841-6510 | Fax (662) 841-6550
Through its 4 Divisions, the Development Services Department’s major business functions include:
- Long range planning that will help the orderly and timely development of land uses and that future residents and businesses are properly served with infrastructure (roads, storm water, water, and sewer).
- Design, engineering, and project management for capital investment projects related to City of Tupelo infrastructure.
- Ongoing up-dates and revisions to the City of Tupelo’s development code, review processes and design guidelines to ensure that high quality, private development is approved in a timely manner and done in a cost effective fashion.
- Building plan review and inspections to enforce life safety codes.
- Site and infrastructure plan review and inspections to ensure that roads and utilities meet or exceed quality and design standards.
- Zoning Code enforcement for the maintenance of commercial property.
- Property Maintenance Code enforcement for residential property.
Department Quick Links