Black Friday Traffic and Shopping Safety Tips
* Leave early for your destination, traffic is heavier during the shopping season.
* Have patience when waiting in traffic. A frustrated driver is more prone to making driver errors.
* Avoid “tailgating”. Always leave a two car length between you and the vehicle in front of you.
* Watch for other drivers motioning you to pull out of a parking lot and into traffic, although this is not illegal, it is still your responsibility to watch for other vehicles as you enter the flow of traffic.
* Slow down, the faster you travel the more distance and time it takes your vehicle to come to a stop
* Make sure you have your seatbelt on and your children are secured correctly in the vehicle.
* Always keep valuables left in your vehicle, out of site. Keep them locked up in your trunk if possible.
* Always lock your vehicle.
* Stay aware of your surroundings.
* When traveling back to your vehicle, have your keys out and ready before you get to your vehicle.
* Keep purses zipped and close to your body. Never leave a purse unattended in a shopping cart or other location.