- Citizens may take recyclable products to City recycling bins located at:
- Northeast of the intersection of West Main Street and Coley Road behind Fire Station Six.
- On the East side of North Commerce Street at the City compost site.
The following items may be placed in the recycling bins:
- Newspaper and cardboard
- Aluminum and steel cans
- Plastic bottles #1 and #2 (number found on bottom of bottle) (soft drink, milk, detergent, etc.)
Household hazardous waste recycling:
- The Public Works Department offers a service to citizens by providing a collection point for household hazardous waste products. Citizens may take these products to the Public Works Department, located at 604 Crossover Drive. A sign designating the drop-off point is located on the west end of the office building. Collected materials will be recycled or disposed of properly.
- Leaves and grass clipping may be taken to the compost site located on the East side of North Commerce Street. Leaves must not be in bags or mixed with garbage.
- Compost can be obtained free of charge when available. Loading is provided on Thursdays (holidays excluded) between 1:00 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Call the Public Works Department at (662) 841-6457 for availability.