Therapeutic Recreation is specialized application and experiential activities or interventions that assist in maintaining or improving the health status, functional capacities and, ultimately, the quality of life of persons with special needs.
News You Can Use
Therapeutic Activity Group (TAG) is open to all those with physical and mental disabilities. The group allows for participation in activities, such as dances, games, art / crafts, and other fun activities.
Call for more planned activities 662-841-6440
Challenger League is open to all, ages 5 years old and older, with physical and mental disabilities. This league is established to provide an athletic outlet for all individuals, regardless of their abilities.
Three sports are offered through Challenger League
- Challenger Basketball
- Registration Dates: Sept. 21 - Oct. 9, 2015
- Start Date: Nov. 2, 2015
- Challenger Softball
- Registration Date: March 23 - April 10, 2015
- Start Date: May 4. 2015
- Top Soccer
- Registration Date: July 13 - Aug. 9, 2015
- Start Date: Sept. 14, 2015
- Days of Week: Mondays (1 day per week)
- Cost: $10 (includes 6-7 games, uniform shirt, awards)
Tupelo Parks and Recreation puts together a swim team to compete in the State Special Olympic Summer Games held at the Kessler Air Force Base in Biloxi. Swimmers represent Area 11 of the Special Olympics. Swim team is a commitment to practice at least two times per week as they prepare for the Summer Games.
- Begin Swim Practice: Jan. 13, 2015
- Registration fee: $25 per swimmer